Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Subeta ♥

I've been there for only three months and man, is it so amazing. o_o

I didn't know a lot of things.

I was challenged religiously. x.x

I didn't know that eh-hem QUOTE by Agirl3003:

In truth, the way the bible is currently set up favors men over women. The original story of humans began with Adam and Lilith who were created the same. Though when men didn't like thinking of women as equals they got rid of lilith and created eve. They then made lilith into a demon.


And then another user responded by saying that at least finally someone else knows about Lilith.

I didn't know about Lilith o.o

So right now I'm Wiki'ing it.

And-

angie_khushrenada (minimod) said:

The reason Lilith is demonized is because she would not be submissive to Adam, and it was easier to just turn her into a demon and incorporate her with existing goddesses than to try to explain her any further.

I'd also like to point out that there is only one woman who is promised descendants--Hagar, handmaid of Sarah. No other woman is promised descendants.

Miriam is often considered to have been struck with leprosy for quarreling with Moses. But in the passage where it states that Yahweh struck her, an alternative reading is that she became white as snow at seeing the glory of Yahweh--not unlike how Moses' appearance changed at the same thing happening.

Oh, and last but not least, the tree that was forbidden to Adam and Eve was not the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Upon a closer look (and forgetting everything you were taught), you'll find that it was the "tree in the center of the garden". There is only one tree that is stated to have been in the center of the garden -- the tree of LIFE. The "original sin" was in Adam passing the buck.


o.o;;

I am a bad Christian. XD

Then again, I was never a real Christian in the first place.

o_o

dotdotdot

YAY DEBATE FORUMS <3

[edit] dang. religions make women inferior to men. :x

No comments: